Thursday, January 12, 2006

1-12-06: Happy New Yuri Year!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays, I know I did mine. I got the latest Madlax DVD (volume 5) for Christmas, and I also picked up volume 3 of Kiddy Grade and Ikki Tousen. Of course I haven't had time to watch anything, but it's nice to know that the stockpile is there if needed!

The site has officially been up for one year now. Last January when I started the site, I had a total of 148 visitors for the month. Fast forward to this year. As of today, I've had 3,169 visitors so far this month, with over 30 gigs of AMV's downloaded. Quite a leap! So I want to say thanks to the yuri community for your support, and I hope to be making more yuri goodness for a long time.

As for the most popular AMV's on the site- for last month, here's how it went: Used was leading the pack until my new Marimite AMV was released, which blew by it in the last few days before Christmas. So for December, the top three AMV's were: All I Wanted, Used, and Kakumei Love Song. The die-hard Anything finished a close fourth.
Strangely enough, this month has seen the old one-minute My Hime AMV shoot up into second, with the resolute Anything back in third. I'm guessing the Otome series has generated the Shizuru/Natsuki revival. (Please Natsuki, this time return the luv).

That's it for the moment, hope people like the Bakuten scans, Meg is just sooooo smitten with Jo, but who can blame her? I am too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never seen Bakuretsu Tenshi before so all I have to go on is what I seen which was ur AMV and it aboslutly amazing and the scans are lovely ^^ keep up the betafel work
~Hitomi Ookami-Chan

9:36 PM  
Blogger Domo-kun said...

Wow...the Marimite AMV is just...wow... ^___^

...wish I can create AMVs like that...*sigh*

10:55 AM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Ookami-chan, I love Bakuten, glad to see there's another "convert" out there!
And Lantis, as talented as you are with with re-touching my pix, I don't see why you couldn't make an AMV. You certainly have an artistic bent.
For those wondering when the next site update is, it will be THIS WEEKEND, January 29-30th! So hang tight, more yuri is one the way!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home