Friday, October 14, 2005

10-15-05: A new AMV

Obviously I have returned from my visit to New Jersey and my brief excursion to Onna. And obviously the Noir AMV I was going to make fell by the wayside after I heard the music for Maybe on Thursday. I've been wanting to do a Sol Bianca AMV for some time, but really hadn't thought of doing much other than letting the show make a cameo in a group AMV. Until I heard this song, and all that changed. Actually I only used half the song- k.d. was gracious enough to end the song at that point and start up again. Although I'm unaware of her musical reasons for doing so, I am truly grateful! It made it very easy to work with.
This is definitely an AMV where you do not need to know the show or the characters. I've made my own story with it and anyone can follow along.
This may turn out to be one of my personal favorites. I think the music suits the color and tempo of the AMV very well. I used the cards theme since the tarot cards had so much meaning for Feb, and ultimately for April, when Feb left her the Lovers card.
For those who would argue that they're not a canon couple, you are right. But you cannot argue the point that April became a useless pile of wuss without Feb, or that Feb didn't bawl her eyes out over April. And I like how the ending left things open for ventures into fanfiction. :)
I wouldn't suggest running out and buying this show. I've basically wrung the yuri out of it and made it into this AMV. Hmmm... maybe I should write up a quick review of it.

As of the moment, Anything still leads the way in the AMV downloads, followed by Kakumei Love Song. We'll see how long it takes Maybe to give these two a challenge.

I finally got around to watching the first two volumes of my Battle Athletes DVD's. I already reviewed the BA: Victory series so you know that I thought Akari was a whining annoyance. But here she seems to actually have a spine, which makes her far more likeable. Kris is still a serene flake, and I have to admit she did some things that had me lol. I think the animation quality took a definite nosedive from Victory, but after a while I got used to it. And there's definitely hints of lurv here, Anna comes right out and says that Akari must be in love with Kris.
I don't have the last volume yet, but once I've watched the whole thing, I'll put it up in my reviews area. It really stinks that there's only two episodes on each DVD. That's one reason I haven't been in a rush to finish the show.
And as always, a quick note of thanks for those who take the time to write in the guestbook or e-mail me, it's always appreciated and lets me know what people have an interest in, so I can focus on those things.
Have a yuri day~~~~

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always it's awesome to see the neat things you come up with. I believe I have read all your fanfiction now. Even if I did not know the series to begin with I do know it now.
I thank you for the creativity you put into those experiences.
Have a great night.
In case I dont comment before Halloween have a good one of those too. LoL.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Domo-kun said...

holy crap! i've missed out a lot on your site with these past few weeks. >.<

anyway, now that i got through the college stuff, it's time to read the updates and see the amv! yay! ^__^

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept forgetting to answer your question about the jump models.

Yes, I use them. In fact I've used all three of the jump models. Yes indeedy.

ok, I'm in a hyper mood this morning. :)

Have a great day.

3:55 AM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:22 AM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Thanks for the comments!(Makes mental note to update the jump modules).
I feel like the site updates are a bit slow, but my free time can't be spent soley in front of the computer. I have to do other things like waste my money going to see DOOM, lol. May I say that you can wait and rent this one later- you won't miss a thing by not seeing it on the big screen.
Anyway I've been busy scanning more Bakuten so it can get it's own section. I also just got the Burst Angel volume 4 DVD. This one has the episode where they originally met. So there might be another Bakuten appearance in an AMV at some point, now that I can get really good footage. The other AMV was made off HK bootleg DVD's, which suck in quality.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning on the movie. I had no idea that there was one. Ahaha.
Since the website is yours and all:
you should not feel like you have to update all the time or that you are spending all your free time in front of the comp. Though I do like the updates. LoL!
I saw that the fourth volume was out but netflix hasn't gotten it yet. Bah! Cheesy as it sounds I do rent most of my DVDs from them.
Anyway, I will stop boring all you happy peoples (or maybe persons) and go on with my life.
Err...yeah, Ahahaha.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home