Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'll confess right off that I've not done anything with the site, or for the site, since I made my last AMV. I've just been too busy working. I'm also currently helping a friend with an internet project for school, so her website has been getting my attention lately. You know she must be pretty desperate if she asked me to help her, lol. I am truly far removed from being a webmaster!
I have watched a little anime here and there as I've waited to fall asleep at night, so here's a few quick thoughts on what I've seen recently:

Battle Athletes: Ready! (2 episode VHS, dubbed). This is the middle part of the 6 part OVA. I own the complete Victory series on DVD, so this caught my interest. I have to say Akari is not as annoying in this one, she actually seems to have a spine. Kris is cool as always. The best part is in ep 4 when Kris gets naked and gives Akari a massage. Akari, you lucky twit! And to think you asked Kris to please put her clothes back on.....
There doesn't seem to be any sign of Ichino in this one, which is okay by me because I'm always rooting for Kris anyway, lol. Mylandah is evil, but only in a sneaky way. I liked her "in-your-face" intimidation tactics better. Anna is truly full of surprises in this one, I won't spoil it any further than that. Lahrri is still as competitive as ever, but her hair- it looks like she got it caught in a laminator! That girl needs a serious cosmo beauty make-over!
This was tempting enough that I might get it on DVD. Now I want to see how it ends. If I do watch any more of it, I'll probably write a review in my bizarre review section.

I also had the misfortune to watch the DVD of Vandread: The Second Stage (Final Assault). Ah, how aptly named. Dread is exactly how I would feel if I had to watch any more of this. I watched it subbed. It seemed to be the last 3 episodes in the series, judging by the number of explosions and erstwhile space fireworks in the last episode. Impassioned speeches and Gonzo mecha- I had enough after three episodes. The only interesting character was the trans-gendered creature with the retro genie outfit. You go girl!

Well, originally I had a much longer post, but when I went to preview it, Blogger ate it. And I don't feel like typing it all out again now. So I'll just end with this: if there's something you can do to help people recover from the tragic loss sustained from hurricane Katrina- do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Domo-kun said...

Hmmm...Vandread has Yuri, though it was only subtle.

Season two presents the 'father' of Ezra's baby. But that's just about it...(Oh, yeah, there's still that *subtext* between Barnette and Jura.)

It also has Yaoi on it. ^^

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home