Sunday, August 14, 2005

8-14-05: Summer slips by.....

First off, I want to thank everyone who has written in my guestbook or contacted me. Thanks for your encouragement and as soon as I hit the lottery, I promise to retire from regular work and devote my time to yuri!
Unfortunately, I am still working for a living, and as I have four different jobs right now, plus some private projects, I am horrendously busy. My "vacation" was a working one, replete with children. I have so much more of Eclipse I want to write, but my time is so limited, it's truly frustrating. (Bangs head against cyber-wall).
If you're reading this, and are still awake, I'm looking for input as to what sorts of things you would like to see in a forum, topic-wise. I have some ideas but I want it to be a place that people truly enjoy, and that might just make them think a bit too. So let me know your ideas!
I've got more AMV ideas stewing about, but again, no time. I was trying to make a new one to enter at Onna! but it may not happen at this rate. I'm excited about going to Onna!, so if you have some time that weekend, see if you can get there too!
That's it, I have to go to work this afternoon, the thing about working for yourself is you work all the time- no one is going to give you any paid time off, sick time, or anything else. Just remember that next time you want to tell your boss to shove it- if you walk out that door, you had better be prepared to hustle and take care of yourself. I'm on call at four facilities, plus doing private computer work for people and companies, and it takes a lot of time rounding up work, getting it done, re-done, and getting paid. But the upside is, if I need a week to go do something (like help my brother move across the country) I can do it- I just have to really crack back down when I return.
So one piece of thought I will dispense here: no one owes you anything. Not your parents, not your friends, not the government. Get out there and do it yourself. Whenever I've run across really miserable people, they seem to think it's someone else's job to help them, not their own. They have lots of excuses as to why their life is the way it is, but amazingly enough, they are not on the list! Your life is your responsibility, and it's up to you to manage and market yourself to the world. And now, I will remove the soapbox and step down. Sorry about the rant, it's just a passing thought today.
(sotto voice) And now, back to our regularly scheduled yuri programming.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Domo-kun said...

Aww, it's sad to hear that you won't be participating in Onna's. But at least you have the chance to go there...not like me, who lives a thousand miles away from NJ. Lol.

Uh, a suggestion for the forum? Hmmm...maybe a fanfic/fanart/amv place wherein *your* fans (yep, you read it right ^^) can share in their own works. And of course a feedback thread for all your works.

Thanks again for the shoujoai goodies. Lol. And good luck on your job/s! XD

12:38 PM  
Blogger Domo-kun said...

Uhm, and here's my try at making the bakuretsu tenshi scan clearer. Ehehehe.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/obsidianmistral/Etc/JOandMeg.jpg

Cheers! ^^

12:55 PM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Oh my goodness, I can't ever remember blushing so early in the morning. I never thought of fans when I started this site; all I knew was that there aren't many yuri AMV's on the net! And I still think that's true, unfortunately. So anyone who is thinking about making one, do it! We need more yuri in this world!
As for the forums, I was going to have a place for writers, artists and manga authors to give their stuff a spin. Due to space issues, I can't host AMV's, but there is a thread just for AMV discussion and links.
That re-do of the scan is great! Can I post it on the site? I'll let people know you've made a better one.
I have to work today and Sunday but Saturday I'm taking off and going to Otakon! If I find anything all that is interesting, I'll blog it here. And I'll take the camera in case something picture-worthy happens.
As for Onna, I think I will just enter my KnM "Anything" AMV, I really wanted to make a "girls kick major butt" oriented AMV, to go with the festival theme, but Father Time and I are at odds right now.
Thanks for the response!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Domo-kun said...

Yep, sure you can post it on the site...it's yours after all. I just dusted off the blurry parts. =D

About Onna...you can send two entries, right? Why not try and send in 'Digging my Girl' too? Jo looks really cool in the AMV. But that's just opinion. Lol. ^_^V

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stepped on board the blogger ship, oh so early in the morn.
wanted to know if you had any pictures from Otakon, I went but I didnt end up with ton o' fun pictures. I did enjoy my time there though.

I have enjoyed your site too. Found it while googling for Fanfictions. Didnt know I would find some gold in that there mountain of information.

Have a good week, since it's Sunday now, hehe.

1:28 AM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Actually, I do have some Otakon pics, I've just been to busy to post them. But next time I update my site, I'll put up a page or two of some of what I saw!
And I'm glad you like the site, I just wish I had more free time to work on it!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home