Friday, August 26, 2005

8-26-05 Some good news, some sad news

Since good news is what people like best, I'll start with that. I went to Otakon last weekend and had a blast. Many new things have come into my house, some of which will appear (via scan or AMV) on my site. DVD yummies: I got volume three of Madlax (with all the Vanessa/Madlax goodness), the second volume of Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel) and the Appleseed movie.
Manga/comic/book goodness: Chirality, and lots of it. Somehow Pretty Cure got in there too (for my niece! Really!)
Thing I wanted most but didn't get: The Xenosaga art book. Some nice Shion and Kos-Mos pictures in there!
I drove a dealer crazy by repeatedly looking through his two Battle Athletes art books, but finally let them be and left them for someone else to fondle.
Thing I'm glad I didn't get: The Madlax art book. No, I repeat, NO pictures of Vanessa/Madlax together anywhere I looked in that book. Either Madlax was by herself or with Margaret. Shame!
I also stopped by the Yuricon table and bought stuff. I got to meet Erica and her gang, they are all great people! Now I'm looking forward to going to Onna! even more.

As you may have noticed, I have a new AMV up on my site. As usual, this was not planned. This AMV was made during a period of intense grief following my grandmother's death. I had to do something to distract myself, but it had to be something that didn't require a great deal of concentration. I made this AMV in two days, and it probably shows. The song is sort of sad and hopeful at the same time, which is how I felt about her death. Sad, but when I saw her at the funeral home, she looked to be truly at peace. Peace was something she had not known for the last two years. So grandma, I just want to say thank you for always being there for me, and this AMV is dedicated to you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Madlax, when will you update the Madlax fic?

That's the only M/V fic I could find on the net, so please...! Update it. T_T

9:02 AM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

I can't believe there isn't a Madlax fic elsewhere, when that show is just begging for a better ending!
I guess it will make you happy that my top 3 priorities for the site are to finish the Madlax and Noir fics, and to make an AMV for Onna!, but since that event is only six weeks away, I am going to concentrate on that first.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks!!!

I'm not sure about the number of Madlax fics, 'cause I'm only new to the yuri genre of fanfics. Ehehehehe. *sweatdrop*

Anyway, lots of luck with that Onna AMV! ^^

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home