Thursday, June 02, 2005

6-3-05: Eclipse , May, and Moi

Well as of today I'm another year older. That I'm anything else, such as wiser, remains debatable. But there is one thing on which I have no doubts at all; and that is starting this site. The wonderful feedback I've received, and the joy of creation in making the works on here, has made this a positive experience for me.
It seems the Kannazuki Anything AMV gave way to Switch as the hottest ticket on the site during the month of May. It will be interesting to see whether an AMV or the Noir fic pulls in front for the month of June.
Speaking of that Noir fic: Eclipse will be the Noir movie that I'll never get to make. When I'm done with this, I will be done with Noir. I approached this project as if it were a film; before I ever wrote one thing, I started planning. I had to plan around certain scenes and key elements that were to be used. I had to plan where chapters (just like a movie DVD) would break. I reviewed my characters and their motives- because their motives drive their dialogue and actions. The characters should be so defined, that just their dialogue alone reveals their personality. We are all human; but it is our expression that makes us individuals.
One thing I admired so much about the series was that it didn't waste the screen time it had; every scene had a purpose. I've attempted to do the same here- create a world where every paragraph matters. Hopefully I will succeed, and you will enjoy the ride into darkness known as Eclipse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Domo-kun said...

Aww. Too bad. I really love Eclipse. :|

Anyway, I'll be looking forward for the updates. And, would it be okay if I link you up on my own blogsite? =D

1:20 PM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Link away! I don't mind people linking to me. Well, as long as it's not the Taliban or anything like THAT linking to me, lol.
I am actually working on more of Eclipse now, and it's possible I may post by the weekend. Possible being the key word here...work sure has a way of interfering with my time!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home