Monday, April 25, 2005

4-25-05 It's a MIKO MONDAY!

At last! My Kannazuki no Miko AMV is done, and I'll be able to get some sleep, something I haven't done in the last three days because I've been working on this like a woman possessed.
This video took more to make than I ever imagined. Not just in terms of time, but sheer aggravation. All the raws I painstakingly downloaded, would not open in Virtual Dub until I could find and locate some plugin that would take the audio format (and then I had to strip out the audio for the clips, go figure.) Some of them I still had to re-convert into AVI format again just to get them to load...a total annoyance. Finally I started the project in Pinnacle; my computer crashed while I was out, and I hadn't saved anything...thereby giving myself the large headache of having to start all over. (I'm one of those people that never turns off her PC). After becoming frustrated with the learning curve (baka is in my name for a reason) I gave up on Pinnacle and went back to my old video editing program that is easier to use, thereby starting over yet again. There were other smaller issues as well, that involved re-encoding and tossing out scenes that would not render properly and then find new ones. Not to mention I've been working quite a bit lately and time to make AMV's has seriously decreased.
I would like to thank the people over at #lililicious who helped me beta test this AMV and gave me helpful feedback so I could make changes. The last few days have been spent doing just that.
I hope people like the music I used, I just had to use it because it seemed to fit so perfectly to what was going on in the series, in fact I would have not made the AMV if I hadn't heard the song first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home