Sunday, March 11, 2007

3-11-07 March Madness!

No, it's not the madness of gas prices rising again, it's the madness that drives me to blog here with the same frequency of rain in the Gobi Desert. But I musn't disappoint my loyal readers (having you both mad at me at the same time would be terrible, lol.) Therefore, without further ado... I proceed.

Latest additions to the yuri collection: Volumes 2 and 3 of Ninja Nonsense. One more and I'll be done! Speaking of Shinobuden, volume 2 of the manga was due out last fall, then pushed back to January of this year, and still is nowhere in sight. I demand my ridiculous adventures of Shinobu and Kaede! Hurry up already!

The top 3 AMV's so far this month are: Never Mine (from Yami Bo, a series that was Never Good). The same people that procrastinate over taking down the Christmas decorations are still celebrating with Yuri Holidays in the number two spot. And the eternally hopeful Yumi/Sachiko fans march in third with Someone Like Yumi.

For those who wonder "Hey, what do people look at the most in the Gallery?" Well, now you can sleep at night, because I checked that out for you! This month, the most popular eyeball spots were Chirality, followed by Shinobuden, and the gun-totin' Bakuten Bordello rounded out the lot. I guess Meg's boobs (or maybe Joe's guns?) have more staying power than I thought!

Of course, my post would not be complete without the thing people come looking for here . No, not the winning lottery numbers- the winning search phrases that bring people here to my site! So let's skip the nominees and just announce the winners:

Nana yuri- ah, optimism. Or perhaps this really means their grandmother likes yuri?

Fat cosplayers pictures- I do not want to know your purpose behind this request...

Written anime yuri stories- as opposed to what, verbal ones?

Mai Hime fanfiction yuri story- Heh. As if there's any other kind.

Natsuki & Shizuru in love fanfiction- nope, apparently not.

Other- folks, we have a winner here! Whatever ambiguous thing they were looking for, I hope they found it and didn't have to go to some other site! Cause like, DUH!

Well, I have other things to do, so I must sign off for now. Until next time, keep the yuri peace and all that other stuff, k?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I’m to set sail tomorrow, I (as a loyal and devoted fan) really appreciate your update. No, not because I collaborated with you on the AMV, but because I really do enjoy your site. I suppose saying “your fanfiction is awesome” or “Washing the Dishes has been one of the best completed Noir fanfics I’ve ever read” would not do justice to you or your work. Since I’ve been visiting your site for several years now, I am a devoted fan. I do look forward to your updates monthly, or whenever, because even though your life is busy you have created this outlet for your creativity.

My opinion might be just one visitor out of the thousands that you receive monthly, however I will say this, and perhaps do justice. It has been a pleasure to meet and develop a bond with you. Thank you for the time you’ve spent on the bakablonde.com site and everything that you have created. I look forward to coming home in several months and to see all that has developed in your wii yuri world.

Much appreciated,
~ac

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing makes me more happy than to see an update from you, and everytime it makes me smile :D I don´t think I can match up to the post before me and thus I will not even try to make you understand how much I love this site ;) aaand I really should go get some sleep
Mata ne,
Mangagirl

6:24 PM  
Blogger bakablonde said...

Well I'm sorry to take so long in responding to both of you, but my thanks is truly heartfelt. Updating this site takes much effort, and sometimes I want to quit. During those times it's wonderful people like you who help keep me going.
AC, I hope you will return home soon and get your hands on a PC- you're missing all the updates! Plus, I may yet try to sucker you into making another AMV with me. Perhaps by the time you come home you will have forgotten the pain of birthing your first one, lol.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home